It needs to be said that the FDA is large and old and has become a monster with a lot of layers that have come from different administrations.
On the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website it says "Protecting and Promoting Your Health".
It should probably read, "Protecting and Promoting the Health of the Food Industry." If I honestly believed the motto they publish, then I wouldn't have felt a need to create this website to tell people about the harmful ingredients in our food the FDA have deemed safe.
The FDA gives a terse assessment of their orgainization under "About FDA" saying:
"FDA is an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services and consists of nine Centers and Offices, which are listed in menu at left". [This is a quote from their website so the list they are referring to is listed on our website to the right. To refer to their list go here ].
"The FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation, and by regulating the manufacture, marketing, and distribution of tobacco products.
The FDA is also responsible for advancing the public health by helping to speed innovations that make medicines and foods more effective, safer, and more affordable; and helping the public get the accurate, science-based information they need to use medicines and foods, and to reduce tobacco use to improve health."
Now, for the Advisory Committees, as taken from their website:
The Food and Drug Administration, to assist in its mission to protect and promote the public health, uses 49 committees and panels to obtain independent expert advice on scientific, technical, and policy matters.
This section provides information on how to apply for membership on a committee, and the statutes, regulations, and guidances that establish and govern advisory committee operations. It also provides access to guidance on conduct at meetings.
Laws, Regulations & Guidance within the Advisory Committees:
FDA's advisory committee program is governed by a number of Federal laws and regulations that set forth standards for convening advisory committees and reviewing potential conflicts of interest, among other things. FDA also has developed guidance documents that describe FDA's recommendations and policy related to our advisory committees.
We make these laws, regulations, and guidance documents available through our web site to provide ready access to the statutory and regulatory framework that FDA advisory committees operate within and to describe the steps that FDA has taken to enhance decision making, increase transparency, and strengthen public confidence in our advisory committee program.
This only describes the administrative part of the FDA. The good stuff is yet to come. Things like the FDA allowing companies to say they are using 100% USDA premium ground beef and sell a product which contains only 40% of the this ingredient. The other 60% consisting of Hydrolyzed Protein, Autolyzed Yeast, and Natural Flavoring just to name a few. Sound familar? Try Taco Bell®.
Like I said, more coming soon!!
Office of the Commissioner
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research
Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Center for Tobacco Products
Center for Veterinary Medicine
National Center for Toxicological Research
Office of Regulatory Affairs
Receive a free laminated pocket card with a list of ingredients to avoid. Make your next grocery shopping experience easier with this easy to use laminated card of the most popular excitotoxins used by the food industry. And when people ask where they can get their very own card, refer them to our website, SayNOtoMSG.com.
Read the labels of the food products you have in your pantry. Compare the ingredients! What you find may surprise you.
by Mick Zellar
Copyright © 2013 Say NO to MSG | All Rights Reserved
Design by 1234.info | Modified by Sassafras Zellar